Jumia Computing Blast

Sunday, November 6, 2016

WHAT ABOUT THIS CRAZY CYCLE?

Consciousness breath back into me at about 4am today, oooooh my gush! The alarm again! Its a new day, I have got to run even though I dont know where am running to....
Its a running world so I reluctantly pushed myself up against the bed I slept on and the race begun.
Nature have gotten it's way of separating people, so I hurriedly picked up a bucket, headed and queued to buy water at the next street, I am quite privileged not to queue to get into a bathroom unlike many... Bathed and off am I to the road, heading to surulere where I manage a not too comfortable work: thank God I have other supplementary jobs- I probably will be more miserable, yet some have just nothing to even exist on.

I have gotten into a tensed traffic before I realised I slept with a  nagging headache just last night... need I say I slept by 1 o'clock? Well, In my struggle to run as fast and smart as possible, I engage in nocturnal activities to shore up my income. Now the traffic has eased, and forward we go again, now at ojuelegba are thousands of hopers, some in tattered clothes hawking commodities of which combined value cannot buy a plate of food at that serene cafe royale in Victoria island.
OMG! Who are these dudes, running with wheelbarrow dangerously after any motor that has loads, right at the centre of a busy road with speeding vehicles.? Ooh they are helpless humans born of a woman that also must run as fast and smart to keep up with this crazy race.
...But why existence in the first place? It seems we have come here just to struggle, pursue mortal glories and die!
Perhaps am being quite unreasonable, afterall if you do not have to hawk to feed or struggle to make your ends meet, life will seamlessly be yummy. Then I probed: how yummy? My boss has a lot of money but he does not have a happy home. My neighbour had it all going fine until the family breadwinner lost it to ghastly accident. Sheila is eager to learn but no support system to finance her. Salewa's heart have just been broken by a guy who consumed her for 7 years with a promise of marriage. Dora akunyili was golden, good and amazon but cancer struck her life just at a time her glories start to blossom. Adversaries encircles existence like a coil of a snake...
As though the anomies weren't enough, humanity still contends with the hereafter - who gains heaven and who will be Damn to hell!
Yet the complexities of ascertaining religious truth...
Knowing the truth isnt enough as being able to keep religious dictate: human by nature are created with cravings that aren't in sync with religious exhortations- a case of fornication for instance. Intact, the means to make ends meet ensures that all mankind lies... So it seems mankind are trouble-bound right from creation! Life is like a race in a terrain filled with sharp pebbles, it takes more than carefulness to complete unscathed...
...Eventually I got to the office and my boss as usual will treat fellow man as though we were sub-human. I have always wanted to remind him particularly of how intangible life is. I really want to tell him that even though he seems above today, tomorrow is too far. I seriously want to sit him down, to tell him death is the ultimate of this crazy cycle and that adversaries that could bestride anyone, anytime is the leveller.
Why then should we not live in mutual respect as we race through this crazy cycle...
#BriefandDeep conversation...

No comments:

Post a Comment